Monday, June 14, 2010

Well!

Thanks to the movie Three Idiots the phrase All is well has become extremely popular. Do people know there is a beautiful Christian hymn called “It is well”? I have been singing the Hymn “It is well” since my childhood.But the "It is well" that I hear from my friend Clementina is heavenly.

For every adversity, problem, even in the face of death, Clementina ’s response is always, without fail “ It is well”. No matter how gruesome her situation is, my friend would invariably smile and say “It is well”,Rashmi. I have never seen her panic under any pressure. I have seen the power of God reflect through this wonderful lady who with her faith can even help you conquer mountains of doubts and despair. Her powerful prayer life, her unflinching faith in the word of God have been the reasons for her strength and force.

I have often wondered why does peace descend when she says “It is well”?Some people are at peace with God. They have no questions about the veracity and the soveriegnity of God. Clementina is one such person. Her reliance on God inspires me.She is the contemporary Esther, Hannah,Nehemiah all rolled into one personality. I am always in awe of her ability to surmount any odds thanks to her belief.It because of her steady faith in Jesus that enables her to be the person she is.She is a true Jesus Freak!! I am never tired of speaking about her. I think all my friends know Clementina because I have spoken to all of them about her.She is an inspiration.It is the spirit of God which binds our friendship- a truly loving bond between people of two different continents-Africa and Asia!!God be praised!

When unpredictable things occur, when life is tempestuous, Clementina’s words ring in my ears,in my mind.When my loved ones go through tough times,Clementina's phrase is what I use " It is well!" Oh what a joy it is to believe that however ugly and sqaulid one's circumstances may seem,God is above it all.God CAN!! Amen!! I am totally inspired by my God-given friend, to say, It is well.Believe it "It is well"Amen!!!Be blessed!!

2 comments: